Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rescue operation and another interesting mould

Recently I had been keeping an eye on a creeping baterial contaminant on one of my plates of P6668 Phalaenopsis gigantea seed cultures. I decided to rescue a section of the unaffected seeds by cutting them out and placing them into a new sterile dish. It worked and the seeds are still doing well without any further contamination (see pics).

Bacterial contaminant and unconatminated part removed
 

Uncontaminated part with P. gigantea seeds


Additionally, I have included an image of a contaminated plate of P6668 with another interesting mould. This one had no seeds and was the only one of 16 plates of a new batch of media that became contaminated. Good for the records.


Another interesting mould!


1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is Olivia. I think we share interest for the orchid in vitro culturing. I also have a blog where you can find some other in vitro lovers and seed's traders.

    I will link you blog to mine and would like to talk to you.

    You can find me in www.orquideoteca.blogspot.com and laorquideoteca@gmail.com

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete