Thursday, February 9, 2012

A few flowers.

It has been a while since I have attempted to blog about something. My orchids have now been growing in there new home in Worcester for a year now. I must be honest it has been a tuff year for them as well as me and my family. But as always things seem to work out and all is well. Unfortunately I have lost a few orchids this last year but have added to the collection as well.
I have installed a temp controlled misting system to help the plants cope with the extreme dry heat we have here. Since then all is good and growth is phenomenal. I have not had too many flowers this last year but to my surprise many plants that did not flower in the past have now flowered. This year is going to be great!!!

Aerangis ellisii   
Aerangis ellisii is spiking again and really enjoying the cool moist summer days in the shade house.

(left) Mystacidium venosum and Aerangis luteo alba var rhodosticta (right)


Coelogyne flaccida
This Coelogyne had many spikes on a specimen plant. Unfortunately I did not take a pic of the whole plant in flower.

Polystachya Duckitt Limelight


Eulophia parviflora
Bartholina etheliea

Leaves and flower spikes of Bartholina etheliea

Bartholina close up

No comments:

Post a Comment