Friday, January 4, 2013

Progress so far with the Dendrobium seedlings


Just over a year ago I reported on my success with germinating and raising several Dendrobium species. I can't believe how much they have grown since then. Before my move to Hermanus I sent compots of various species to Bradley in Worcester and some others to Richard while I settled into the new environment and home. Some of these I have brought to Hermanus already and the rest I will be collecting from Bradley and Richard in the near future again. In the interim I have also ordered a number of seeds again of other species which I think would complement my seedling collection. I have also been very keen to raise a whole lot more Bonatea speciosa again after the success with my first batch. I processed 5 mother flasks of seeds from my own plants this past season and they have just started to germinate. If I have the same level of success with these as I did the first time I am hoping to make a large display of them in a large pot or put them in the garden where they can make a pretty display when in flower.
 
I have included a few images of some recently de-flasked babies which have been doing exceptionally well.

Dendrobium hercoglossum

Dendrobium griffithianum

Dendrobium anosmum

Dendrobium parishii

Dendrobium findlayanum




No comments:

Post a Comment