Friday, August 30, 2013

Spring babies

I recently had a bit of time on my hands to sub-culture and to replate some of my flasks of seedlings. I have purposefully kept the variety of species which I have in vitro to a minimum, or at least to those which I want for my personal collection. This has been difficult. It has taken quite a lot of dicipline. This is also to ensure I have enough space for the many Bonatea speciosa and Satyrium species I intend doing later in the year.
 
The Ansellia africana yellow have been very vigorous and I managed to split these up into several flasks using tall glass jars to accommodate seedling height as they grow. My Phalaenopsis mannii protocorms are growing slowly but surely and they have done very well on the reduced sucrose medium. The only compromise with this medium is growth speed.
 
Ansellia africana yellow

Dendrobium friedricksianum

Dendrobium lamyiae

Eulophia streptopetala X Ansellia africana

Phalaenopsis mannii

Rhynchostylis gigantea alba

Stenoglottis longifolia

No comments:

Post a Comment