On 3 December 2010 I germinated a hybrid of Dendrobium kingianum x D. speciosum and on 10 March 2011 I planted some small seedlings into a compot of sphagnum moss. If I look back now I realise that the seedlings were too small at 3 months to pot up but they did well considering that. The seedlings grew well and over the next two years out-grew their compot. I took them out of the pot this evening and attached them to a piece of milkwood that had been cut which I found close to our house in Hermanus. I look forward to their continual growth and eventual flowering.
|Seedlings on 10 March 2010|
|Mounted on a log 25 January 2013|