Monday, September 9, 2019

Dendrobium tortile opens first bloom

Over the last two days I have been photographing the progress of my Dendrobium tortile buds as they begin to open. I took several images over a few hours and selected the best to demonstrate the opening of the buds. I have some really nice looking Dendrobium anosmum also waiting to open their large swollen buds soon too. This species though is a real hurry-up-and-wait! It certainly takes its time to produce the buds and to grow them to flowering size - I have been waiting for ages, and I am getting impatient. I am sure though that the wait will eventually be worth it, and I look forward to posting images of its blooms too in the near future.

Sequence of photos showing the opening of a Dendrobium tortile bloom
Fully opened

No comments:

Post a Comment