Friday, July 30, 2021

8 years in the waiting to see species in flower again!

I double-took when I recently worked out that it has been the best part of 8 years since I last had a flowering Bonatea speciosa in my collection. Two of my three plants are flowering and seem to be doing just fine in the Rockhampton climate. It is interesting how you never quite forget a frangrance though. I instantly recognised the fragrance of these flowers when I went outside to photograph them just after dusk. These flowers are just incredible. 

I have since also pollenated several blooms to hopefully get some babies into circulation. I also have an idea to incorporate a large display colony into a large half-globe pot for myself if I get enough babies.

Bonatea speciosa July 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment