Sunday, July 19, 2015

I'm back...but I am in Australia now!

I can't believe that it has been almost a year to the day that I last posted an update on the blog. My entire world turned upside down last year after the birth of my son and my family and I also made the decision to relocate to Australia. We are now living in Townsville in Queensland and we have just been here for a month. I have taken up a PhD at JCU which will be keeping me busy for quite a while, and I have also joined the Townsville Orchid Society. The society recently had their winter show. I was there this past Saturday spending far too much money and also taking some photos of the amazing plants on show! I bought a couple of orchids to start me off in Australia: Rhynchostylis gigantea alba, Dendrobium candystripe (for the wife), Dendrobium crumenatum, Renanthera citrina, and Bulbophyllum Doris Dukes.

A HUGE thank you to my friends Patrick and Richard for taking on many of my orchids that I had a hard time parting with. It is good to know that they are with such caring and knowledgeable orchid growers.
Bulbophyllum Doris Dukes

Dendrobium candystripe

Rhynchostylis gigantea alba

1 comment:

  1. Dendrobium candystripe is very striking. My Mum bought it in Texas several years ago and it grew up very large with 12 flowers. We even posted photos at www.essays4me.com to win the award. We didn't, of course, as there was a flower with 56 flowers. I guess they added some bio chemicals.

    ReplyDelete